Thursday, December 24, 2009

Tomatoe Jam (sweet and spicy)


3 pounds tomatoes chopped  I used 2pounds of
inexpensive tomatoes and 1 pound of cherry tomatoes
I think any tomatoes would work
1 or 3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 or 1/2 tsp crushed red peppers

wash tomatoes

chop and put in lg  pot

stirring bring to boil for 5 min

simmer 30 min or more to thicken

let cool and store in frig. We enjoy ours with
Ritz crackers. Also good on toast or used like a chutney
with your choice of meat.

Merry Christmas to everyone from my family.
Thank You Eyvvone for the recipe!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks yummy.. We make lots of fresh salsa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have to give it a try some time.. it is very sweet not like a salsa, I was growing a garden last year to make my own salsa. I dont have time this year.

    Happy New Year to you and your family Kim. May your year be full of finished quilts. Natalie

    ReplyDelete